- This event has passed.
Casual chess evening & 2023 Summer Rapid Championship – Thursday 29 June, 6 July and 13 July
Thu July 13, 2023 @ 7:15 PM – 9:45 PM
As well as a casual chess evening.
Camberley Chess Club will be holding an ECF-rated Rapid-play tournament held over three consecutive weeks. Having determined the overall club champion and the club Blitz champion, this tournament will crown our Rapid champion for the year.
PLEASE NOTE that all entrants must be ECF Members BEFORE the tournament starts. See membership page for details of how to be an ECF Member.
To enter please email email@example.com
- 2 games a night, held on the Thursday club night for three consecutive weeks (6 rounds total)
- Time control will be 20 + 10 (20 minutes for each player with ten second increment per move)
- Results will be submitted to the ECF Rapid rating list
- The highest placed Camberley Chess Club member will be declared the club rapid champion for the year
- If there is a tie for first place, the winner will be decided by head-to-head countback (i.e. if Player A and Player B end up in equal-first place, the winner of their encounter will be declared the tournament champion – in the event that that game was a draw, a tiebreak game will be played).
We meet on Thursday evenings from 18th May at Heatherside Community Centre, Martindale Avenue, Heatherside, Camberley, GU15 1BB . Come along to play some chess and see the club, all welcome. There is free parking behind the community centre building. Please note: This is the new venue for the club.
If you would like more information about an event please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org