2024 Rapid Matrix Tournament
To view the Leader Board, Round results & Player stats click here 2024 Rapid Matrix on ECF LMS website
To view event on the ECF Ratings website click here
To view a PDF of the Cross Table click here Latest cross table
Rapid Matrix Tournament – Spring 2024 – Introduction and Rules
This new tournament will run from 4th January 2024 to 30th May (when we will start our summer programme of events). Its purpose is to give members an opportunity to play formal, ECF-rated, games against each other on Thursday evenings, in addition to the usual matches and friendlies. Please play as many or as few games as you wish. The rules are as follows:
- All current members, including juniors, automatically entered in the Matrix
- You can challenge any other member to a Matrix game (either on the night or you can arrange games in advance)
- You do not have to accept a challenge if you don’t want to
- Games must be face-to-face (not on-line) and played during Thursday club meetings
- Maximum one game against each opponent
- Toss for colour
- Time limit is 20 minutes plus 10 second increment (same as the SBL Rapid Leagues)
- Normal Rapid rules apply (recording moves is optional)
- Preferably use the maroon clocks (if available) in case penalty time needs to be added for illegal moves
- New members who join after 4-Jan-24 will automatically be entered in the Matrix
- 1 point for a win, 0.5 for a draw, 0 for a loss
- The player with most points at the end of the tournament is the winner, irrespective of how many games they have played
- You must be an ECF member at Bronze level or above because this is a rated tournament
To avoid mistakes and to facilitate Martin’s task of sending results to the ECF for rating PLEASE DO NOT ENTER YOUR RESULTS ON THE PAPER CROSS-TABLE. Instead PLEASE USE THE A4 WEEKLY RESULTS SHEET and Steve and Martin will do the rest.
The Leader Board, Round results & Player stats will be updated weekly and can be seen at the top of this page.
The results cross-table will be updated weekly by Steve and will be displayed at appropriate club meetings and can be viewed by the link at the top of this page.